Summer 2020: $5,500 (est.) + $300 deposit = $5,800
The program fee is an estimate pending budgetary approval by the Office of International Education (OIE) and based on an estimate of 22 participants. Fee may be adjusted according to the number of participants, inflation in Argentina resulting in rising costs, and currency exchange rates. UGA tuition and technology fees are not included. Students who are not students at USG institutions pay an additional $250 fee and a $50 admission fee (but not out-of-state tuition).
The program fee includes:
- access to classroom facilities at the Universidad del Museo Social Argentino (UMSA)
- UGA and Argentine professors
- Access to library, Internet/wi-fi, and UMSA extracurricular activities
- Cell phone (basic cell phone, not a smart phone—sorry!)
- Half-board home stay (breakfast and dinner) with an Argentine family in Buenos Aires
- Excursions in Buenos Aires with transportation
- Tango lessons
- Health Insurance
- Excursion to Salta and Jujuy
The program fee does not include:
- Airfare. No airfare included. We do not book group flights for students. Please feel free to find the best fare for your travel plans!
- Tuition. No tuition included (however, the HOPE scholarship does cover tuition abroad).
FINANCIAL AID: (total cost of attendance sheet)
- Yes, you can use the Zell Miller Scholarship to cover up to $2,838.
- Yes, HOPE can be used to pay for tuition.
- NEW LISTING!!! - Fund for Education Abroad. Application opens
- If you have a parent who is Active-duty Military Personnel, apply for the Gilman-McCain Scholarship. Provides $5,000 for study abroad. October 1 deadline.
- If you are a Pell Grant recipient, we strongly encourage you to apply for the Gilman International Scholarship. Application deadline: beginning of October.
- We encourage students to apply for study abroad scholarships like the one offered by Sigma Delta Pi National Spanish Honor Society to its members. A number of past winners have participated in our program! Not a member yet? Apply here.
- Apply for a NEW UGA Experiential Learning Scholarship. Application deadline TBA.
- NEW University of Georgia Foundation Incentive Scholarship for Central America, South America, and Africa. Application link. Deadline: Twice a year, deadline in Spring and Fall.
- Here are some additional scholarships you should consider:
- Office of International Education General Scholarship (deadline TBA)
- Terry College of Business Study Abroad Scholarship. (Application deadline TBA)
- Modern Languages Scholarship (for language majors)
- Dr. Natalia Gómez Passport Scholarship (students with disabilities)
- Brittany Fox Watts Scholarship (in Sustainability)
- The Department of Romance Languages also has a listing of scholarships. (primarily for language majors)
- OIE also has some important information about Financial Aid.