2023 program fee estimate: $4100
The estimated program fee for summer programs is calculated pending budgetary approval by the UGA Office of Global Engagement (OGE) and based on an estimate of 15 participants. Fee may be adjusted according to the number of participants, inflation in Argentina resulting in rising costs, and currency exchange rates. UGA tuition and technology fees are not included. Students who are not students at USG institutions pay an additional $250 fee and a $50 admission fee (but not out-of-state tuition).
The program fee includes:
- access to classroom facilities
- UGA and Argentine professors
- Access to library, Internet/wi-fi.
- Half-board home stay (breakfast and 5 dinners per week) with an Argentine family in Buenos Aires OR Residence hall
- Excursions in Buenos Aires with transportation
- Tango lessons
- Health Insurance
- Excursion to Salta & Jujuy
The program fee does not include:
- Airfare to and from Argentina. We do not book group flights for students. Please feel free to find the best fare for your travel plans!
- Tuition. No tuition included (however, the HOPE scholarship and Pell Grant does cover tuition while abroad).
- Yes, you can use the Zell Miller Scholarship.
- Yes, HOPE can be used to pay for tuition.
- NEW LISTING!!! - Fund for Education Abroad. Applications for Summer 2023, Fall 2023, and Academic Year 2023-2024 will open on November 16, 2022
- If you have a parent who is Active-duty Military Personnel, apply for the Gilman-McCain Scholarship. Provides $5,000 for study abroad. October 1 deadline.
- If you are a Pell Grant recipient, we strongly encourage you to apply for the Gilman International Scholarship. Application deadline: March.
- We encourage students to apply for study abroad scholarships like the one offered by Sigma Delta Pi National Spanish Honor Society to its members. A number of past winners have participated in our program! Not a member yet? Apply here.
- Apply for the UGA Experiential Learning Scholarship.
- University of Georgia Foundation Incentive Scholarship for Central America, South America, and Africa. Application link. Deadline: Twice a year, deadlines in Spring and Fall.
- Honors International Scholars Program (HISP UGA). Provides $2,500-$5,000 to UGA Honors students
- Here are some additional scholarships you should consider:
- Office of International Education General Scholarship
- Terry College of Business Study Abroad Scholarship. (Application deadline TBA)
- Modern Languages Scholarship (for language majors)
- The Department of Romance Languages also has a listing of scholarships.
- OGE also has some important information about Financial Aid.