Funding for Abroad Programs in All Languages:
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship This U.S. Department of State program enables students who are Pell Grant recipients to study or intern abroad. Awards of up to $5,000 are made for up to one academic year. They offer additional funding for Portuguese as a critical need language
- Experiential Learning Scholarships The Office of Experiential Learning offers scholarships to support students' activities. Awards are in amounts of up to $2,500. All approved Experiential Learning activities and areas are eligible for funding, including study abroad, internships, and research and public service projects.
- Honors International Scholars Program (HISP) Provides scholarships for Honors students engaging in overseas opportunities by providing scholarships with an average range of $2,500 to $5,000. HISP funding can be used for traditional university-sponsored study abroad programs, university-to-university exchanges, language institutes, internships, and research and public service projects.
- Modern Languages Scholarship Application Specifically for undergraduates majoring in a Romance Language.
- UGA Franklin College Study Abroad Scholarships
Study abroad scholarships from the Franklin College of Arts and Sciences.
*Additional funding is continually being sought by program directors, so inquire when you apply about more resources specific to your selected program. Applicants for competitive funding are strongly encouraged to consult with a current or previous professor about their applications before final submission.
French-specific Study Abroad Funding:
- French Study Abroad Award Application
Department of Romance Languages scholarship for study abroad to a French-speaking nation.
- Joel Walz Study Abroad in French Scholarship
Department of Romance Languages Scholarship for study abroad to France or Quebec.
- Meredith Hope Emerson Memorial Award for Study Abroad
Award given by the Department of Romance Languages for French-language study in any French-speaking country, in memory of former UGA student Meredith Hope Emerson.
- Institute of American Universities: in memoriam Meredith Hope Emerson
Study abroad scholarship to IAU program in Aix-en-Provence, France, in memory of Meredith Hope Emerson.
Graduate Student Awards:
- Dolores Artau Scholarship
Department of Romance Languages award for an outstanding graduate student.
- French Graduate Research Travel Award Application
Awards for French graduate students to travel to perform research or conference presentations.
- French Graduate Studies Award
Award for outstanding applicants to French graduate program.
- Nina Salant Hellerstein Professional Development Fund
Financial assistance for advanced graduate student and faculty research.